I wear police uniform to get free rides – suspect


Operatives attached to the Lagos State Police Command has arrested one Benjamin Nathaniel, 33, who have been parading himself as a policeman in Festac area of the state.

The suspect was among some criminals recently paraded by the state command in Ikeja. Lagos State Commisioner of Police Fata Owoseni, noted that the suspect was arrested by the police when he could not give reasonable explanation about the police uniform he was putting on...

The suspect while speaking to newsmen confirmed the allegations saying that he only used the unifrom to get free rides in the metropolis saying that the uniform belonged to his late brother who was a policeman.
According to him “ I was sacked as a driver in the bank in January 2016 after my wife lost her five months pregnancy. I started using the uniform around March to enter free motor to and fro to look for work  “I was stopped by the police and asked why am I putting on a uniform, that am I policeman? And I said no the uniform belonged to my late brother.
“I am not an armed robber neither do they arrest me with any weapon. I don’t know it is a crime and the police told me I am being charged with impersonation,” he naratted. In another development one Mr. SammarAbdulrasak 29, years was arrested for been in possession of forged documents purpotedlyto be that of the Office of the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Abuja. Among other items recovered from him were also a fake police Identity card which he is using to parade himself as an Assitant Suprintendent of police.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.