José Mourinho makes Eric Bailly first Manchester United signing






Manchester United have completed the signing of Villarreal defender Eric Bailly on a four-year contract.
The 22-year-old Ivory Coast defender also has the option of a further two-year extension after finalizing a deal which is reported to be costing United up to £25m.
He becomes the first signing for the club’s new manager José Mourinho, who has high hopes for the center-back....


“Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent,” he told manutd.com. “He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.
“We look forward to working with him to help nurture that raw talent and fulfill his potential. Eric is at the right club to continue his development.”
Bailly made 47 appearances in the 16 months he was with Villarreal after joining from Espanyol in January last year.
He has also won 15 caps for the Ivory Coast and was part of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations-winning side.
“It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United,” he said. “To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.
“I want to progress to be the best that I can be and I believe working with José Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.